As a David Ross Education Trust Academy we believe that enrichment can help to raise academic standards, enhance performance and teach life skills that will equip our pupils for an ever-changing world.
Activities include visual and performing arts, including dance, drama and music.
There is also a focus on art, sport, outward bound and developing life skills.
At Endike Academy we strive to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum which offers children opportunities to broaden their horizons and improve their experiences via a wide range of enrichment opportunities.
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
In the first half of the Spring Term children have had the following enrichment opportunities:
- Invention writing day
- Radio Humberside interviews
- Inspirational poetry events and workshops from children's favourite, Paul Cookson
- Horizons Sports Programme events
- Greatest Showman dance workshops and performance
- Netball masterclass delivered by Loughborough Lightning captain and England Roses player Natalie Panagarry
- Netball tournaments
- M&M Theatre Production of 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Visits to Pizza Express
- Cross country events
- Bocca festival
- Dodgeball tournaments
- Children's University events
Our most recent opportunities include:
- A working partnership with Lincoln Castle, Gainsborough Old Hall and The Museum of Lincolnshire Life, offering half or full day trips
- Nevill Holt Farm: A working farm available to our schools for day trips or camping overnight
For further information about the enrichment opportunities that are on offer please contact:
Shane Ward & Alex Green
To contact us please call the head office:
01476 566 801